Friday, December 24, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new!

Well, I've decided to start a blog about the changes in my life recently.  I'm in my first week of post-op from having a cyst removed, and I have never been so bored in my life! I am not allowed to lift anything, go up stairs, or walk too far. I'm usually a really active and busy person, so these next few weeks will be hard to get through. The whole timing of this surgery really blows. I had to postpone a much awaited trip to Hungary and Italy until May. It's just proof that life cannot be planned and you need to learn to smile even in the worst situations.
 I never thought that having open surgery would be so hard to recover from. I have a whole new appreciation for women who have c-sections. I suppose the reward afterwards is a little better ;). It takes 6 weeks of recovery, which means no yoga for me for a while! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I guess I'll finally have to pick up my guitar and learn to play it! I'm going to make the best out this sitation. Once it is all said and done I'll be a whole new person in a few months. I can't wait to see the end result of all of this!


No comments:

Post a Comment